Tuesday, August 10, 2010

1st Day of Week 2 in Phase 1

Half way through Phase One and feeling good! : )  Garrett's been doing fantastic without coffee (you can have organic coffee during the diet, but he opted out since he was feeling pretty dependent on it) and I've been enjoying the more "hands-on" approach to preparing healthy-hearty meals.  Today we ate:

DAY 8:

Breakfast:  Goat's milk yogurt with a mix of yellow raspberries (a fabulous find from the farmer's market), blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries with a bit of honey.


Lunch:  Chili-Rubbed Steaks & Pan Salsa (http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/chili_rubbed_steaks_pan_salsa.html) with roasted brussels sprouts.  I seasoned the brussels with salt & pepper, extra virgin olive oil, and a splash of fig lemon balsamic vinegar.  Garrett made the meat and salsa... looks great, huh?!?


Dinner:  I haven't eaten yet, but I'll probably have something similar to what I packed Garrett... Spring mix baby lettuce salad with strawberries and oil & fig lemon balsamic vinegar for dressing.  A handful, or more ; ) of almonds, a hard-boiled egg, and some berries. 

Today I will be preparing some homemade coconut oil mayonnaise (http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2009/07/homemade-coconut-oil-mayonnaise.html) for some tuna or egg or maybe even chicken salad...

I'll let you know how it goes!  I will also be searching for some good make-ahead meals since are mornings feel quite consumed with the cooking.  If you have any healthy meals that fit that category, PLEASE leave me a comment with the recipe, idea, or website that may be helpful to me.  I'd really appreciate anything you have to offer! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment