Monday, August 9, 2010

Life Happens...

Wow... what a week! It's been a crazy one, but a good one!  A lot of learning and adapting, and realizing that plans sometimes simply go out the window.  And, that is OKAY!  God's grace IS sufficient! Amen? : ) 

All that said, here's what we did manage to eat the last few days:

DAY 3:

Breakfast/Lunch: ok, so we slept in and only had time for 1 meal before Garrett left for work, see... life happens ; )  We had scrambled eggs with red peppers, avocado, and goat's milk cheddar cheese.  We also had a bowl of mixed berries. 

Dinner: hmm... I didn't record what I ate for this meal like I have the other ones, and since it is day 7 as I write this, I can't remember... so, whelp... there's that.  But, I do know that as Jordan Rubin, the author of "The Maker's Diet" recommends, Garrett did a partial fast today and opted out of dinner.   

DAY 4:

Breakfast: Another interesting morning... Garrett got home from work pretty late at night, so we slept in yet again. So, for a quick "breakfast" we drank our morning drink mix/blend.  Unfortunately, the result of having that, 1st thing in the morning and on an empty stomach, was for me to get sick: shaky/weak, and dizzy.  (And no, mom... I'm not pregnant! lol).  Now, I have a confession and I will admit this because I promised on my first post of this blog that I would simply be me. As is. The raw, authentic truth.  So here it is...the one thing I could think of to help settle my sick tummy was eating some Saltine Crackers (which, by the way, do not even show up in the approved, less-restricted list of Phase 3)!  Oh the tragedy... but, I felt 100xs better! My hubbie and I had a great time of praising Jesus for saltine crackers that morning! : ) 

Lunch:  Curried Sprouted Lentils with a Garlic and Ginger Cilantro Sauce (recipe: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2009/02/curried-sprouted-lentils-with-a-ginger-and-garlic-cilantro-sauce.html).  As I was sick in bed, munching on those good ol' comforting saltine crackers, my wonderful husband was slaving away in the kitchen to make this meal.  He's amazing!  Check how they turned out:


Dinner:  Strawberry and almond salad with the left-over homemade oil & vinegar dressing and chicken leftovers, and of course, some other mixed berries.  I think I remember eating some carrots and celery with almond butter as well.

DAY 5: 

Breakfast:  Garrett had eggs this morning.  That man could eat eggs every day, and nearly every meal, if he could! lol. I however, could not, so I had some goat's milk yogurt with berries and honey. 

Lunch: We both snacked on a variety of things as we were packing up to leave town for the weekend. 

Dinner:  Salad with sliced Grilled Turkey Breasts, shredded carrots and a homemade honey mustard vinaigrette salad dressing (http://www.tammysrecipes.com/honey_mustard_vinaigrette_salad_dressing).  We also had some yummy Mini Cucumber Tomato Stacks (http://rawepicurean.net/category/books/page/9/). 

DAY 6:  (Visiting with family out-of-town)

Breakfast:  Simple scrambled eggs. 

Lunch:  Salad with grilled chicken breasts, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado and our left-over honey mustard vinaigrette.  THANK YOU to my wonderful Mom to have made us a lunch that fit our diet's demands.  (Not to mention it was delicious and super filling)!!!

Dinner:  Another big THANK YOU, this time to Garrett's mom to have made us an incredible meal that was within our restricted phase 1 diet!!! We ate chicken with mushrooms, sauteed veggies, and a salad with her homemade oil & fig vinegar dressing. 

Snack:  Cherries... and because we were hungry and trying not to fall asleep on the drive home, we had  lettuce-wrapped hamburgers (no cheese or 1000 Island dressing) from In-n-Out.  Obviously, the beef wasn't organic or grass-fed, but drastic times call for drastic measures.  ; )

DAY 7:

Breakfast/Lunch:  We arrived home from traveling in the middle of the night, so we got some extra Zzz and only had time for one meal. But, man was it scrumptious!!!  We ate Lemon-Parsley Dover Sole fish with sauteed veggies including zucchini (from my momma's garden), squash, spinach, mushrooms, onions, and cherry tomatoes. 


Snack:  I had almonds and Garrett had berries.

Dinner:  Garrett had a spinach salad with strawberries and the left-over curried lentils.  I had my new favorite goat's milk yogurt with honey and a variety of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. 

I know this was a lot all at once.  I will try to post shorter and more frequently, but let me know if this has been helpful to you in anyway. : ) And/or if you already eat healthy and have great recipes to recommend, please don't hesitate to send 'em our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment