Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I mean, really... where does the time go?

Regretfully, almost two weeks have passed since I posted something on here... and even longer since I've posted our meals for you to follow while on "The Maker's Diet".  Such a fact is regretful because now I'm not sure I can accurately post our previous menu since I doubt the capabilities of my memory... Although, this would be a great opportunity for you to be creative and put together some meal ideas of your own!  We'll just pretend that was my goal for you all along ; )  But, I will document the meals I have pictures of at the end of this post...

Anyhow, we are now ALMOST finished with Phase 2 and loving it!  Seriously, being able to incorporate nearly any fruit of choice has been a sweet new luxury and the "full" feeling after eating a meal with beans has been simply satisfying!  ...Looking forward to Phase 3, starting tomorrow! : )

Some meals we ate during the end of phase one and beginning of phase two: 

Pan Fired White Bean & Kale with a Sweet Potato (topped with sour cream and chives)
(Phase 2): A new FAVORITE! Yumm! This was my homemade healthy version of chicken parmigiana. : )

A DELICIOUS snack for Phase 2: Broiled orange (cherry) tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese.

Ok, so my presentation can use some work, but the flavor was outstanding!!! The poached eggs on a bed of sauteed spinach with red pepper coulis on top is a recipe from my sister-in-law Ashleigh (THANK YOU!!!).  I steamed up some asparagus and poured homemade hollandaise sauce on top.  The sausage is a homemade apple turkey sausage : )  If you'd like any recipes, just let me know in a comment. (Phase 2) 

I think it was a mushroom, goat cheese, spinach omelet with a variety of summer squash on the side. (Phase 1)

Poached eggs on a bed of sauteed spinach with red peppers on the side. (Phase 1)

(Phase 1) Mahi Mahi with sauteed squash and gold tomatoes (this dish was so flavorful)!

4 comments:

  1. Another amazing dish that I didn't take a picture of was Pan Fried White Bean and Kale (recipe from my amazing sister-in-law Ashleigh)! So glad I froze some of my soaked and cooked white beans so I can make this recipe again SOON! : )

    I also don't have a picture of a Three Bean Chili I made to celebrate the start of Phase 2... but I just made a different chili tonight, and will post a pic of that one for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I am thoroughly impressed by all of your meals!!! You are like a chef, Leeann!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. UPDATE: I DID have a pic of the white bean and kale meal... I attached it to the original post above : )

    ReplyDelete